Kenneth A. Rogers is a strategist and decision facilitator. He is Executive Consultant with the consulting firm he established in January, 1989.
A graduate of Binghamton University of the State University of New York (1974, BA), and the University at Buffalo of the State University of New York (1976, MBA), Mr. Rogers has maintained close ties to academia. He is currently a Research Assistant Professor in the School of Public Health and Health Professions of the University at Buffalo and teaches two MBA courses in health management and strategy. Mr. Rogers has authored several works, including co-authoring Strategic Management of Hospitals and Health Care Facilities (1988, Aspen).
Mr. Rogers has considerable experience in regional planning and management consulting in service industries and not-for-profit organizations, and has worked extensively in the health care field. From 1984-1988, Ken was Vice President, Planning and Marketing at Millard Fillmore Hospitals in Buffalo, New York. Previously he had been Executive Director of the Regional Economic Assistance Center of the University at Buffalo School of Management.
In his 42-year career, including 28 years of private practice, Ken has lead or facilitated:
- The development of more than 20 business plans for start-up and developing organizations or divisions of organizations;
- Over 60 planning processes for all types and sizes of organizations;
- Over 60 technical needs assessments and market research studies;
- Team-building and other organizational development retreats – primarily aimed at building staff and board of directors leadership competencies;
- Numerous focus groups and group processes/retreats for marketing research or planning purposes;
- The reorganization of multi-organizational systems and the establishment of multi-provider institutional affiliations and mergers, and professional group practices.
- Governance seminars/assessments and board organization processes.
- Coaching executives and professionals.
Ken's leadership extends to both his professional life and the Buffalo community. Currently Chair of the Board of Weinberg Campus in Buffalo, he also serves on several agency boards and committees. Ken is past President of the Buffalo/Niagara Chapter of the American Marketing Association and past Chair of the Board of the Greater Buffalo Chapter of the American Red Cross. He is a member of several national professional organizations.